CBBC is currently looking to recruit candidates for two new positions: Senior Business Development Director and Receptionist for our office in Beijing.
Senior Director, Business Development, CBBC China
Locations: Beijing or Shanghai
We are seeking a dynamic and commercially astute Senior Business Development Director to lead on product development and quality control in China, and to contribute to CBBC’s strategic marketing and communications work. The successful candidate’s primary objective is to make sure that CBBC’s existing products and services are market leading and continuously evolving offers, which are marketed well to client-facing colleagues in the UK to discuss with companies in the UK.
Reporting into the Executive Director for Business Development in the UK, the successful candidate will play a leading role helping to further develop the membership offer, and lead on driving sales and sponsorship revenue in China. The candidate will manage the Launchpad® and research teams from a quality control perspective, signing off on customer proposal templates, ensuring efficient delivery and ensuring high-quality products are delivered.
The post holder should be a pro-active leader with proven ability of developing new service offerings based on market demand and internal resources. Excellent organisational and business development skills are essential to ensure the delivery and development of high-quality products and services in a fast paced environment. The right candidate will possess a balance between a hands-on, practical, approach and strategic thinking to coach colleagues.
- Lead on product development and quality control in China.
- Lead on Launchpad from a product development point of view, making sure the product evolves and is positioned as CBBC’s premium service.
- Develop and implement a sponsorship strategy in China, and act as a mentor for colleagues selling sponsorship.
- Assist with high level strategic member and partner engagement
- Provide strategic sales leadership support to the team in China.
- Support CBBC’s strategic marketing efforts in China
- Feedback market and customer insights and intelligence to help guide the marketing and communications strategy in China
- Support project and programme external bids.
- Provide management support and guidance to the Launchpad Director, Copywriters and Senior Coordinator (Research).
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Senior Director, Regional Directors and Sector leads in China.
- Excellent organizational skills and commercial acumen.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to analyse the competitive environment
- Strong sales and marketing background
- Knowledge of the China market and network
- Clear client focus and an ability to work in partnership with key stakeholders,
- Experience coaching teams on client relationship management
- Fluent English
- Chinese language skills preferred
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in English, an indication of your current salary and expected salary to SBD201808@cbbc.org.cn The closing date for applications is 28 September 2018.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a cover letter will not be considered. Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.
Office Assistant/Receptionist, Beijing
Receive incoming calls with good and professional manner and transfer to right persons/departments or take message;
- Meeting rooms reservation via internal CBBC’s conference booking system and relevant coordinate work to make sure all services of meeting room are under well maintained;
- Guest or Visitor’s reception, appropriate arrangement and service deliver to British Center’s Visitors/Guests in accordance with Administration and Security directives of CBBC;
- General administration support to CBBC staff, which includes Stationery/ Office Supplies ordering, Payment process, hotel reservation and flight booking, etc.;
- Maintain the security of office;
- Maintain well-being of office facilities like equipment, copier, fax machine.
- Maintain the good relationship with business vendors
- Deal with visa invitation letters for UK clients;
- Visa applications for Expat staff in CBBC;
Working with the local governments and agents for Annual office renewal work;
Specific requirements for the role are as follows:
Diploma holder, major in English or administration;
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Skillful in Microsoft Office;
- Self-motivated, proactive and open minded;
- Willing to assist other departments/staff for any urgent issues;
Capable of assuming Office receptionist/Office Assistant role.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV in both English and Chinese to OABJ201808@cbbc.org.cn. Your cover letter should explain why you believe your skills and background are a good fit for the role and give an indication of your salary expectations. The closing date for application is 14 September 2018.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who fail to provide a cover letter will not be considered. Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.