The Party Secretary of Guangdong province will be leading a large delegation of official and business representatives on a visit to the UK this June.
The delegation is looking to meet with UK companies to discuss investment and cooperation opportunities at this conference.
Economic and Trade Cooperation Conference
Grosvenor House, 89 – 90 Park Lane, London, W1K 7TN
09:00-14:00 Wednesday 14 June
10:00 Programme I: Opening Ceremony
- Welcome speech by the guest of honour from UK – TBC
- Welcome speech by Mayor of London – TBC
- Welcome speech by Mr Liu Xiaoming, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of China to the UK
- Experience sharing by Guangdong companies investing in the UK – Mr Wang Chuanfu, Director General of BYD
- Experience sharing by UK companies investing in Guangdong – Mr Adam Keswick, Chairman, Matheson & Co Ltd; Director, Jardine Matheson Holdings Ltd
- Promotional presentation by Mr Chen Biao, vice mayor of Shenzhen Municipal Government, P. R. China
- Keynote speech by Mr Hu Chunhua, Party Secretary of Guangdong Province, P. R. China
- Contract Signing Ceremony
11:20 Programme II: Workshops
- Finance Workshop
- Technology Innovation Workshop
- Foreign Talent Recruitment Workshop
- Match-making for other industries
13:00 Networking Lunch
Guangdong Province is located in the southeast of China Mainland and adjacent to Hong Kong and Macau. Guangdong is now the strongest province in the country. In 2016, Guangdong’s GDP reached 1.1 trillion US Dollars, growing by 7.5%, ranking No. 16 in the world as an economic entity. The import and export value exceeded 1 trillion USD, taking up 1/4 of the national total.
Guangdong enjoys excellent investment environment, huge space for business development, complete infrastructure, transportation accessibility in all directions, standard financing system and intellectual property right transaction market.
- The Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the UK
- Department for International Trade
- British Consulate-General in Guangzhou
- London & Partners
- China-Britain Business Council
- China Chamber of Commerce in the UK
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council, London Office
- Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited