Thursday 16th of November, at the magnificent JLL Office in Chongqing, the BritCham organised the ‘Understanding the E-Commerce Market in Southwest China’ Seminar.
This seminar was about getting an clear understanding about the E-commerce market in China, in particular the Southwestern region. Various topics included but were not limited to the concept of E-commerce, China’s E-commerce development, and China’s E-commerce Law.
China’s E-commerce Statistics in 2016
- Network shopping users: 467 million
– 2016 China: Internet population reached 731 million and Internet penetration reached 53.2%
– 2016 USA: Internet population reached 286 million and internet penetration reached 88.5%
– 2016 China: mobile Internet users reached 695 million and the proportion of Internet users who pay online via mobile phones reached 67.5%.
- Value of E-commerce transactions: RMB 26.1 trillion
– e-commerce transactions increased by 19.8% YOY 2016
– 34% increase 2012-2016.
- The e-commerce Industry reached RM 950 trillion
– Support services in the field, electronic payment services, logistics services, electronic authentication etc.
Our partner de Bedin & Lee LLP, who provided the seminar.
de Bedin & Lee LLP provides an extensive range of legal and commercial services in various industry sectors including automotive, aviation, commodities, energy, fashion, heavy industry, insurance, pharmaceuticals, private equity, shipping, toys and other children’s products.
With lawyers from across continental Europe and Asia, de Bedin & Lee LLP delivers its services in Chinese, English, Italian, Spanish, French and German, with a full capability in Hong Kong law. Based in one of the world’s leading international financial and capital service economies, the partners and various associates of the Firm assist their clients in relation to their investment projects in Hong Kong and in the PRC.
A highly interesting seminar which provided in-depth knowledge & insight in the dynamic e-commerce market here in Southwest China. Please open the following link to see the whole PowerPoint: E-Commerce PowerPoint Presentation
We would sincerely like to thank everyone for joining this amazing event, and hope to see you again at one of our next events!
Please click here to check all the pictures that were taken during this event.