On 12th of June 2018, the British Chamber of Commerce Southwest China’s Education and Training Focus Group organised an event in order to gauge an annual review of Education as a business area. The meeting was also a way to introduce the new Executive Committee and we welcomed Roman Leung as the new Chairman to our members.
In the meeting, a number of topics were discussed including an outline of the Business Environment and Market Access (BEMA) initiative, hybrid schools and the market for international degrees in China.
- Roman Leung – Director at M Power MFG Ltd. & Chairman of BritChamSW
- Matthew Ryan – Director of OEIM & Treasurer of BritChamSW
- Kevin Dennis – Head of Creative, Consumer and Education for SW China, Department of International Trade, British Consulate
- Rachel Zarranz – Principal of Soong Ching Ling International Kindergarten & Vice Chairperson of BritChamSW
- Brent Werry – Principal of Jade Learning Center
The annual review included an outline and presentation of all the events that the British Chamber have sponsored and organised over the year. This was also a chance to highlight key events especially those relating to education which are in the process of planning and organisation over the next year.
Towards the end of the event, the members were able to partake in a tour around the Jade Learning Center who were kind enough to host the Chamber for this event.