UK general aviation companies are invited to join us for the 5th China (Chengdu) International General Aviation Development Summit Forum and Presentation about General Aviation during the 17th Western China International Fair (“WCIF”) , to be held on 19th September 2018 (Wednesday) in Chengdu, Sichuan province at Fairmont Chengdu Hotel.
The 17th WCIF will gather approximately 400 attendees, including senior representatives from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China, the Civil Aviation Administration of China, the Office of the State Air Traffic Control Commission, and the Aviation Industry Corporation of China, as well as well-known general aviation experts and scholars, and representatives of Chinese and international general aviation companies.
The Western China International Fair (“WCIF”) will attract both Chinese and international general aviation companies to Sichuan province and promote the development of, and investment in, Sichuan’s general aviation industry. This year’s WCIF will focus on both upstream and downstream companies and organisations within the general aviation industry, covering research and development, design, manufacturing and operation.
The WCIF was launched in 2000 and will be held for the 17th time this year. It is a key national-level international fair and an important platform for the Belt and Road Initiative. It brings together both Chinese and international government officials with representatives from industry associations, chambers of commerce, companies, law-makers, and scholars. WCIF is a key event for promoting investment, trade cooperation, and cultural exchange in China’s western region.
Opportunities for UK Companies
- Access to decision makers within China’s general aviation industry;
- Access to large companies within the general aviation industry;
- A deeper understanding of national policies in place to develop the general aviation industry and the civil aircraft industry in China;
- Information about the opportunities and challenges facing low-altitude general aviation in China;
- An insight into how Sichuan’s general aviation industry is developing;
- A visit to a general aviation industrial park in Sichuan.
- On-site support from CBBC’s experts;
- Free accommodation in Chengdu for two nights (18th–19th September 2018).
Please note: This is valid for one room per organisation per night.
Programme (subject to change)
- Sichuan provincial leaders will meet with large companies within the general aviation industry.
- The 5th China (Chengdu) International General Aviation Development Summit Forum will take place with a presentation about the general aviation industry in Sichuan.
Morning of 19th September 2018
- Speeches by selected VIP attendees;
- Introductions to the general aviation industry and relevant policies, covering:
- National policies to develop the general aviation industry in China (by the Civil Aviation Administration of China);
- Policies to develop the civil aircraft industry in China (by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China);
- The business environment of the general aviation industry in Sichuan.
Afternoon of 19th September 2018
- Introductions to industrial parks;
- Introductions to general aviation companies.
20th September 2018
- Site Visit (TBC).
To register, please contact Wendy Wei or Mark Xu by 31 August 2018 at:
T: +86 (0) 28 8665 3617
T: +86 (0) 10 8525 1111 Ext. 391