With more than 649 million ‘netizens’, China connects more people to the Internet than any other country. Moreover, the growing trend towards online shopping for products and services means that the Internet is now one of the main sales channel for many companies. Although the Internet acts as a gateway for European SMEs, it is also an ideal platform for infringers to sell counterfeit products. Thus, the European SMEs need to have a good strategy in place to enforce their IP rights on online platforms and social media.
On Wednesday, 30 November 2016, you are welcome to join Helpdesk expert Mr. Michele Ferrante for a China IPR SME Helpdesk webinar session “Enforcement of IP Rights on Online Platforms and Social Media“. The webinar is 10:00-11:00 in Brussels and 17:00-18:00 in Beijing. Mr. Ferrante will advise the European SMEs on how to build a robust IP strategy for selling their products on online e-commerce platforms and social media, covering IPR Issues such as:
- A comprehensive overview on trade mark and copyright enforcement on online platforms and social media;
- How to remove counterfeits on major online selling platforms like Taobao and Alibaba;
- IP tips and considerations for WeChat social media platform;
- Practical tips on how to create a robust online IP enforcement strategy;
- Case studies of European SMEs experiencing and overcoming IP issues on popular e-commerce sites in China.
We hope to see you soon!
For more information and to register, please click here.