The British Consulate General Chongqing is looking for a Head of Communications for South West China.
- Developing media strategies and activities linking with post’s business objectives for post-wide high-profile events.
- Coordinating with counterparts in the Beijing Embassy and other Consulates to effectively promote the UK’s objectives in China.
- Building a network of local media contacts and publicity partners to increase the profile of public diplomacy activities, including press, broadcast, internet channels.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Bachelors Degree or above (on Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or any related fields)
- Online communication skills
- At least 3 years’ proven experience in areas of public relations, media support, or event management is necessary.
- Experience of interpreting for meetings and speaking at public events (the successful candidate may be called upon to do this from time to time).
For a full job description, please click here.