The British Embassy Beijing is currently looking for a PA to the Minister-Counsellor and Director for Energy, Environment and Infrastructure. The successful applicant will play a key role in providing administrative support for the Sector Director and wider team, and interfacing with other directorates on budgets/ finance and performance monitoring/ management. They will also manage the Sector Directors’s diary, prioritising and preparing work, and lead on taking forward logistical arrangements for their travel and participation in events.
- Provide administrative support by being the docking point for requests from the team on finance, budgets and performance management. Support the implementation of the team’s Monthly Management meeting. Manage team’s budget sheet, pipeline list, staff availability form.
- Input data onto the UKTI customer relationship database in support of the China Britain Business Council (CBBC) contract and on behalf of the Directorate.
- Pro-active management of in-box, diary and office for the Sector Director: telephone calls, messages, redirections; supporting papers for meetings; prioritisation and rescheduling meetings as necessary; prioritising papers to act on; develop weekly and daily transport programme; etc.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 2 years of full time working experience.
- Good administrative and IT skills (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Good organisation skills, positive approach to teamwork, and a pro-active attitude.
- A diplomatic, tactful manner when dealing with contacts and colleagues.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and Mandarin.
For the full job description, please click here.